This morning I had a spring in my step because I had been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award. It is my most notable blogging nomination to date- mainly because it is the only one I have had! You would think I was up for an Academy Award the way I went on about it to my partner and it gave me the motivation to get on with my writing work for the rest of the day. It is just nice to get recognition for the effort you have put into creating a blog from a fellow blogger. The blogger in question is Lalas Journey.
Bizarrely, had she not been the person that nominated me, she would have been on my own list of nominations as I love reading her interesting posts. Also, we have a shared passion for wine! Thank you for my nomination.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and the link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Everything’s better when you’ve had a cuppa tea (Awkward Whale)-
Just for writing about a diverse range of topics and for getting into the spirit of the blogging community.
Just for opening my eyes to the delights of Mexican cuisine and writing about food that looks fun.
Just for writing about so many different topics with useful hints and tips.
Just for making me smile with her Haiku and for sharing interesting stories about ghosts.
Just for having such an attractive looking blog with great photos and tasty looking recipes.
Just for being brave enough to try some of my recipes and then sharing a link to a meal she had enjoyed.
Just Another Woman with a Blog (The Beasley)
Just for giving me fond music memories with her Friday blogs about top ten hits of each year.
Just for being my latest resource for Indian food.
The Questions I Was Asked
1. If you won 1-million dollars, what is the very first item you would purchase with your winnings?
Very boring, but I would pay off my mortgage to reduce my financial strain.
2. What is the one place you have always wanted to travel and why?
I would love to go to India. I think it is an interesting culture and seems like a beautiful and diverse country. Indian cuisine is also my favourite type of food!
3. What is your biggest fear?
Something happening to my children.
4. What animal/insect are you most afraid of?
I am not afraid of any animals, as such, but rats and cockroaches make me cringe. Also, I can’t bear the thought of a moth’s wings touching me but I love butterflies.
5. What is one accomplishment in your life that you are most proud of?
Giving birth to four beautiful children. After that, it would be putting myself through a degree while I was a single mum who worked full-time.
6. Would you rather be stranded on a deserted tropical island or lost in the woods?
Tricky one as there are pros and cons to both. I think I would have more hope of getting back out of the woods if I kept walking in a straight line.
7. Baths or showers?
Baths as I hardly ever use my shower at home. I like the idea of long relaxing baths. Unfortunately, I am not very good at it. If my partner runs me a bath with bubbles and candles, I am instructed to take my time and relax. I start by washing my hair and then shaving all the bits that need shaving and then lie back. I soon get bored and get out only for my partner to tell me I have only been in the bath for seven minutes start to finish.
8. Are you a night owl or morning person? Why?
Without a doubt, a night owl. I think it is because I was a dancer when I was younger and would perform at night. It always seems like a more exciting time of the day. On saying that, if I get an early night and a decent night’s sleep, I actually function better in the mornings than the evenings and get lots done.
9. Favorite television show?
I am a big fan of cooking competitions. However, my favourite television series of all-time is Casualty. It is a British medical drama series that is aired on Saturday nights in the UK and I haven’t missed a single episode since it started when I was a child.
10. What would be your signature cocktail? This could be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
Well, it certainly wouldn’t be one without alcohol in it! I will say sex on the beach because it sounds like fun!
My Questions to My Nominees
- If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- If you were on death row, what would you choose for your last meal?
- What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
- On holiday, do you prefer sunbathing on the beach, strolling around historic areas, or trying new and daring activities?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- Do you believe there is life on another planet?
- If you could have dinner with any celebrity, who would you choose?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- When was the last time you danced in the kitchen just for the sake of it?