Spinach and potato soup is easy to make, budget-friendly and a great vegetarian option. It is also packed with nutrients for maintaining good health. Here is how to make a quick and easy spinach and potato soup for four people.
Ingredients for Spinach and Potato Soup
- 1 lb potatoes, diced
- 12 oz spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper
Read measurement conversions here.
How to Make Spinach and Potato Soup
- Peel and dice the potatoes and chop the onions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and fry for two minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another two minutes.
- Pour over the stock and simmer for approximately eight minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir in. Cook for two more minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add the chives.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor or with a hand blender to your preferred consistency.
- Serve into soup bowls and add a swirl of cream to each.
Serving- This is fantastic with croutons and warm crusty rolls.
Herbs- If you are not a fan of chives, try chervil instead.
Stock- If you are not a vegetarian, you can use chicken stock as an alternative to vegetable stock if you prefer.