As the warmer months are approaching, you will probably want some lighter meals to enjoy and may even consider eating outdoors as a family or inviting guests around to your home. If so, dips and accompaniments are ideal for serving along with crudites, homemade flatbreads, breadsticks, and snacks. Here are ten great dips and accompaniments to try this summer.
- Bean Dip
- Spicy Tomato Dip
- Baba Ganoush
- Mango Salsa
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Funky red cabbage slaw
Salsa is a fantastic accompaniment to serve alongside many other meals. The fresh flavours make it a great way of spicing up an otherwise bland meal or of adding contrast to richer foods. There are many different recipes and ways of making salsa as each person will add their own twist to suit their own tastes. The recipe I use is inspired by one devised by Delia Smith. Here is a quick and easy salsa recipe.
Ingredients for Salsa
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 green chilli
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Salsa
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds and skin
- Finely dice the tomato flesh.
- Finely dice the red onion and chop the coriander.
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Remove the juice from the lime.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Season with salt and black pepper.