Over the past couple of months, I have heard several celebrity chefs raving about whole roasted cauliflowers on various television series. As my family loves cauliflower, it is something I have been meaning to try for a while. I did a bit of recipe research on the Internet and then developed my own idea for a recipe last night. This is now tried and tested and was a big hit with my clan. It also smells amazing while it is cooking. Here is a simple recipe for a whole roasted cauliflower with lemon and garlic butter.
Ingredients for Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic Butter
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Whole Roasted Lemon and Garlic Butter
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Remove the leaves and the base of the stalk from the cauliflower and sit in an ovenproof dish.
- Put the butter in a dish and melt in the microwave on a medium setting for one minute.
- Add the crushed garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the butter.
- Drizzle the mixture over the top of the cauliflower.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover the ovenproof dish in kitchen foil and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven and remove the kitchen foil.
- Using oven gloves, tip the dish slightly so the butter pools in the lower section of the dish.
- Use a spoon to scoop up the juices and drizzle over the top of the cauliflower.
- Return to the oven without the foil for a further 15 minutes or until the top of the cauliflower is beginning to brown.
- Serve either whole on a plate for people to help themselves or broken into florets and added to their plates.
- Drizzle over any remaining lemon and garlic butter.