Soup is one of the easiest and cheapest meals to make and there are so many different varieties you can try. They are a great option for a light lunch and soup is something you can make in batches in advance so you have it ready to warm through when hunger strikes. This recipe for celery and apple soup is delicious and refreshing. Here is how to make celery and apple soup.
Ingredients for Celery and Apple Soup
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cooking apple
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 250ml milk
- 25g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped chives
How to Make Celery and Apple Soup
- Heat the butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, celery, and onion and cook for five minutes.
- Add the apple and the vegetable stock and turn up the heat to bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Either blend the ingredients using a hand blender or transfer to a food processor and blend before returning to the pan.
- Add the milk and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup back to the boil.
- Serve into soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives.