If you are looking for an alternative to chips or mashed potatoes, then potato wedges are a great choice as they are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside and will give you your carbohydrate fix for the day. They are so easy to make that even those who claim not to be able to open a tin of soup can make potato wedges. This lightly spiced option gives an extra element of flavour to this delicious side dish. Here is how to make these with an easy recipe for lightly spiced potato wedges.
Ingredients for Lightly Spiced Potato Wedges
- 8 medium white potatoes
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp paprika
How to Make Lightly Spiced Potato Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Cut potatoes into wedges by first halving, then quartering, and then cutting the quartered pieces lengthways one final time.
- Put potato wedges into the pan of boiling water to blanch for five minutes.
- Drain the potatoes onto a sheet of kitchen paper to remove moisture.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray and drizzle with the oil.
- Turn and rub the potatoes to make sure they are all coated with the oil. Add a little extra oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and paprika.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the potatoes to prevent cooking and make sure they are evenly cooked.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer potato wedges onto kitchen paper to remove excess grease before serving.