If you want a quick, simple and tasty tea, then pasta served with green pesto is a great choice. Making your own pesto is simple and, in addition to serving with pasta dishes, you can use the pesto as an ingredient in many other recipes. Here is an easy recipe for basil pesto.
Ingredients for Basil Pesto
- 80g fresh basil
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml olive oil
How to Make Basil Pesto
- Put a small pan over a medium heat on the pan and add the pine nuts.
- Cook for five minutes, shaking occasionally, to lightly toast the nuts.
- Transfer the pine nuts to a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Blitz to combine the ingredients.
- Your basil pesto is now ready to use with pasta or as an ingredient for another dish.