Eggs Florentine is a delicious meal for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. It is easy to make and packed full of nutrients. The dish consists simply of a poached egg and spinach on an English muffin, topped with hollandaise sauce. Here is how to make eggs Florentine for four people.
Ingredients for Eggs Florentine
- 4 eggs
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 English muffins, halved
- Hollandaise sauce (read recipe here)
- Black pepper
How to Make Eggs Florentine
- Make the hollandaise sauce first- read instructions here.
- Steam the spinach until it has wilted.
- Poach the eggs either in simmering water or a poaching pan until they are cooked to your liking.
- Grill the English muffins until they are golden on both sides and then butter.
- Top the muffins with the spinach, then the poached egg, followed by the hollandaise sauce.
- Season with black pepper.
Spinach is a delicious ingredient that is packed with nutrients, meaning that including spinach in your diet will give you a variety of the vitamins and minerals you need to maintain good health. However, it is one of those ingredients with which people are often unsure of what they can do. There is a surprising number of ways to use this ingredient. Here are ten ways you can use spinach in your cooking.
- Spinach and potato soup– Spinach adds a delicious flavour to any soup but works particularly well with potatoes as it adds a rich flavour. Sautee the potatoes in butter before just covering with water until potatoes are cooked. Add the spinach and season with salt and black pepper. Blend to the consistency you prefer.
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni– Add a mixture of ricotta and spinach to partially-cooked cannelloni tubes. Cover with grated cheese and bake in the oven.
- Spinach pasta– If you make your own pasta dough, you can add spinach to the mix. Not only will this turn your pasta green, thus making it more colourful, it will also add a little more taste.
- Spinach and mushroom ravioli– Fill ravioli parcels with a mixture of butter, chopped mushrooms, and butter. Serve with a sauce of your choice. I like a cream and mushroom sauce.
- Spinach and cream cheese stuffed chicken– Add a mixture of cream cheese and spinach to the centre of a chicken breast.
- Saag aloo– This is an Indian dish that combines spinach, potatoes, and spices. It can be eating as a vegetarian main or as a side dish.
- Eggs Florentine– Eggs Florentine is a simple dish for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It is a toasted muffin topped with sautéed spinach and a poached egg. Delicious and really easy to make.
- Super spinach salad– Spinach is just as tasty raw as it is cooked. Add spinach leaves to other salad leaves, sliced red onions, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber and a dressing of your choice.
- Sweet potato and spinach curry– Sweet potatoes are a great ingredient to use in vegetarian dishes as they have an amazing flavour and are filling. Create a curry with sweet potatoes, spinach and the herbs and spices of your choice.
- Lamb and spinach curry– spinach and lamb work well together, so adding some spinach to a lamb curry is the perfect combination.