Eggs Florentine is a delicious meal for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. It is easy to make and packed full of nutrients. The dish consists simply of a poached egg and spinach on an English muffin, topped with hollandaise sauce. Here is how to make eggs Florentine for four people.
Ingredients for Eggs Florentine
- 4 eggs
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 English muffins, halved
- Hollandaise sauce (read recipe here)
- Black pepper
How to Make Eggs Florentine
- Make the hollandaise sauce first- read instructions here.
- Steam the spinach until it has wilted.
- Poach the eggs either in simmering water or a poaching pan until they are cooked to your liking.
- Grill the English muffins until they are golden on both sides and then butter.
- Top the muffins with the spinach, then the poached egg, followed by the hollandaise sauce.
- Season with black pepper.