Although not a vegetarian, I occasionally like to eat vegetarian food. I love to experiment with different variations of curry, including this spinach and roasted cauliflower curry which is entirely of my own creation. It’s easy to make and totally delicious. Here is a simple recipe for spinach and roasted cauliflower curry.
Ingredients for Spinach and Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 chillies
- 2-inch piece of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried cumin powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Spinach and Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and break into florets. Cut any larger florets in half.
- Put the florets on a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Put in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is beginning to turn golden.
- Roughly chop the chillies, ginger, garlic cloves and onion before putting in a food processor with the dried spices and a little water.
- Blitz in the food processor until a paste is created.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the paste and cook for five minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Stir and turn down the heat of the pan so the mixture simmers.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add to the pan.
- Add the spinach and stir through to ensure the cauliflower is completely coated in the curry sauce and the spinach is wilted.
- Serve with pilau rice, raita, and flatbreads.