Pasta dishes are some of the simplest and quickest to make. That makes them perfect for busy families who want something delicious and nutritious for their tea but don’t have hours to spare for food preparation. This creamy chicken, chorizo and tomato pasta bake is really tasty and very simple to make. Here is how to make creamy chicken, chorizo, and tomato pasta bake.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken, Chorizo and Tomato Pasta Bake
- 10oz/ 300g dried penne pasta
- 3 diced chicken breasts
- 3 1/2oz/ 100 g chorizo, chopped
- 400g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 5oz/ 150 g chopped mozzarella cheese
- 3oz/ 75g soft cheese
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 oz/ 30g torn fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Creamy Chicken, Chorizo and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Prepare all your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/ Gas mark 8.
- In accordance with the instructions on the packet, cook your pasta in salted boiling water.
- In a large frying pan, cook the chorizo for 3-4 minutes over a high heat until the oils from the chorizo are released.
- Next, add both the chicken and the crushed garlic to the pan. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the chopped cherry tomatoes and tip in the can of chopped tomatoes. Bring the mixture to simmering point.
- Add the soft cheese and stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce and has a creamy consistency and appearance.
- Add half the oregano and three-quarters of the fresh basil.
- Drain the cooked penne pasta and transfer to the mixture.
- Stir well to make sure the pasta is thoroughly coated in the sauce and the chicken and chorizo are evenly distributed.
- Season with black pepper and stir through.
- Transfer everything from the frying pan to an oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the chopped mozzarella, the parmesan and the remaining oregano.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the mozzarella and parmesan topping is bubbling and golden.
- Serve onto plates or into pasta bowls and sprinkle over the remaining basil to garnish.
- Switch the meat– this dish works just as well with diced turkey if you prefer this to chicken.
- Pasta alternatives– this recipe uses penne pasta, but most other varieties of pasta will work just as well.
- Fresh pasta– If you prefer, you can make fresh pasta. However, you will need to adapt the cooking time as this cooks in just minutes.
- Serving suggestion– This is fantastic with a tossed side salad and crunchy garlic bread.