It surprises me when people say they can’t make any puddings as there are some that are really simple to make. One of the easiest puddings of all is a fruit crumble and this is my ‘go-to’ pudding when I do not have a lot of time on my hands for food preparation and baking. This is a dessert that even a novice in the kitchen can make and there are so many variations you can try. Here is an easy crumble mix recipe that takes just minutes to make.
Crumble Mix Recipe
- 8 oz/ 225 g plain flour
- 4 oz/ 110 g butter
- 2 oz/ 60 g caster sugar
How to Make a Crumble Mix
- Weigh out the flour and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Weigh the butter and cut into cubes before adding to the flour.
- Rub the butter and flour between your fingers to create ‘crumbs’.
- Weigh the sugar and add to the mixing bowl.
- Continue to rub the mixture together.
- Add the crumble mix to the fruit of your choice and cook for 40 minutes, or until the crumble mix is golden, at 180 C/ 350 F/ gas mark 4.
Further recipes for various crumbles will follow on this blog.
Savoury crumble mix– you can also make a crumble topping for savoury dishes. Remove the caster sugar from the recipe and replace with a good pinch of salt.