Training staff in food safety and hygiene is essential in any business where food and beverages are prepared. While most people acknowledge that this is important to businesses in the catering and hospitality industry, this also applies to many other types of business. For example, care homes, retail businesses, large offices, and schools are all likely to have food preparation areas. Anyone who is using these areas and preparing food should have the relevant training. Here are just some of the reasons why this is necessary.
- Meeting legal requirements
- Preventing cross-contamination
- Preventing the spread of diseases
- Ensuring the safety of staff using equipment
- Reducing the risk of chemical-related incidents and contamination
- Creating a pleasant working environment
Training for Food Safety
There are some excellent training providers who deliver food safety courses and it is important that you use a company that delivers the appropriate training for your country of residence. If you live in the UK, then Create Care Training Ltd. has an excellent range of courses, including e-learning courses, that will give you the underpinning knowledge relating to food safety and hygiene.