My children love eating fruit and I am always looking for interesting ways to include fruit in their diet other than simply allowing them to help themselves out of the fruit bowl. They also love to help out in the kitchen and I believe that it is important that children learn how to cook. One simple snack that we have been making together recently is cinnamon apple crisps. Not only is this a really simple recipe, it is also a healthy and delicious snack. I have really enjoyed eating these while I have been trying to lose weight. Here is how to make cinnamon apple crisps.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- 4 apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- (Optional sugar if you do not want a healthy snack)
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- Preheat the oven to 110C.
- Decore the apples- see tips’
- Thinly slice the apples so the slices measure approximately 5mm thickness.
- Lie the slices of apples on baking trays.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon. If you prefer the apples sweeter and you are not concerned about this being a healthy snack, you can also sprinkle over a little sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before eating.
The easiest way to core an apple is to use an apple corer. However, if you do not have one of these, it is not the only option. You can carefully remove the core with a sharp knife. If you are not confident about your knife skills, then you can slice the apples first and then cut the core section out of the individual slices.