If you want a low-budget meal to make, then there are few that can beat carrot and coriander soup in terms of cost. Despite the fact that this soup is cheap and easy to make, it still has plenty of flavour and is packed full of nutrients. This healthy soup is also a great option for vegetarians and vegans. Here is an easy recipe for carrot and coriander soup that serves four to six people.
Ingredients for Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 450g/ 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2 litres/ 2 pints vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat then add the onions and carrots.
- Cook for five minutes until carrots and onions are beginning to soften.
- Add the ground coriander and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Either use a hand blender to blend the ingredients together or blend in a food processor before returning to the pan.
- Stir in the fresh, chopped coriander and cook for a few minutes before serving.