So far, this blog is going well, although it still needs some work. One of my main issues is photos. The images used on blogs make a difference to whether or not a post attracts readers or not. To be honest, my images aren’t great. I would love to take my own photographs for everything I post on here, but so far this isn’t happening. I reckon about 10% of the images I have used on this blog so far are my own and the rest are images from the Internet that are free to use commercially and modify.
There are several reasons for the issues I am having with phots:
- Sometimes the hustle and bustle of cooking meals while looking after four children and work at the same time mean I simply forget to take a photograph of the food I have made.
- I don’t necessarily write about food that I have made recently, so I have to use other images.
- I don’t have a camera, so any photos I do take are on my mobile phone.
- The lighting is bad in my kitchen and dining room. The food looks fantastic on the plate but the photos do not reflect this at all.
- There are lots of images available online until you try to search for ones that are free to use and then the selection of decent photos gets much smaller.
I would love some tips from other bloggers, either on how to take better photos on my mobile or places I can find good quality images of food on the Internet that are free to use. I currently use the advanced settings on Google Images, Flickr, Pixaby, and Pixels.