Thai food is full of different flavours due to the wide range of herbs and spices used in authentic Thai cuisine. One of my personal favourite dishes is vegetable Thai red curry as it is creamy with an after kick of spice. This is a delicious meal that is suitable for all the family, including vegetarians. Here is how to make a vegetable Thai red curry.
Ingredients for Vegetable Thai Red Curry
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 2 carrots
- I red pepper
- 100g green beans
- 8 spring onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, ready-made or fresh using this recipe
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How to Make Vegetable Thai Red Curry
- Prepare the paste if you are using homemade following the instructions in this recipe.
- Slice the peppers and courgettes, julienne the carrots, and chop the green beans into one-centimetre strips.
- Add the carrots and green beans to boiling water and cook for five minutes before draining.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and put over a medium heat.
- Add the chilli and crushed garlic to the pan and fry for two minutes.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for a further two minutes to release the flavours.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and stir around so they are lightly coated with the paste, garlic, and chilies. Cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir into the mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with jasmine or long grain rice.