Whether you are eating breakfast, brunch, or lunch; baked eggs in cheese is a delicious option. This simple recipe takes just minutes to make and is even easy enough for cooking novices. It is a budget-friendly recipe and suitable for vegetarians. Here is a simple recipe for easy baked eggs in cheese.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients for Baked Eggs in Cheese
- 4 free range eggs
- 6 oz crumbly cheese
- 2 oz cheddar
- 8 tbsp milk
- Black pepper
- 2 slices of bread
How to Make Easy Baked Eggs in Cheese
- Preheat oven to full heat.
- Crumble the crumbly cheese (your favorite variety) equally into two ramekins or individual serving dishes.
- Sprinkle four tablespoons of milk over each dish.
- Add black pepper and stir.
- Break two eggs into each dish.
- Grate the cheddar or any other hard cheese before sprinkling over the eggs or around the edges of the bowl.
- Put both dishes into the oven for between three and five minutes or until the cheese is melted, the white is set, and the yolk is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toast two slices of your favorite bread.
- Remove the baked eggs and cheese from the oven and put on a plate.
- Slice the toast and add to the plate before serving.