If you are having people around to your home, one of the easiest things to serve is a selection of dips with other tasty morsels, such as crudites and flatbreads for dipping. A spicy tomato dip is a delicious option that is easy to make in advance and keep chilled until you are ready to serve. Here is an easy recipe for spicy tomato dip.
Ingredients for Spicy Tomato Dip
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
How to Make Spicy Tomato Dip
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chilli powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes.
- Blitz the mixture for a few seconds for a chunky dip or a little longer for a smooth dip using either a hand blender or a food processor.
- Transfer to a container and leave to cool.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Other Dips You Might Like to Try