There are multiple ways of making vegetable soup using a variety of ingredients, hence the title of ‘Vegetable Soup #1’. I will no doubt, in time, list many more versions of this simple but tasty soup. You can make it using any vegetable you like and is a great way of using up any vegetables that are sat in your refrigerator. Here is just one of the ways of making a delicious vegetable soup that serves six people.
Ingredients for Vegetable Soup
- 4 sticks of celery
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 tin of garden peas
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- 2 oz of butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Vegetable Soup
- Dice the celery, potatoes, carrots, courgette, and onions.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan over a medium heat on the hob.
- Add the diced vegetables and saute in the pan for approximately ten minutes until they are beginning to soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the tin of peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further five minutes.
- Blend the soup using either a food processor or a hand blender to the consistency of your choice.
- Serve into soup bowls with warm crusty bread.