Houmous, also known as hummus, is a chickpea-based dip of Middle Eastern origin. It is proof that some of the simplest dishes to make are also the most delicious. It is fantastic served with flatbreads or as a dip for crudites. Her is how to make a simple, delicious, and cheap houmous.
Ingredients for Houmous
- 2 x 400g tins of chickpeas
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- Paprika (optional)
How to Make Humous
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse in cold water.
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor with the olive oil, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Blitz the ingredients until they have formed a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika if you wish.