Fruit and cheese is a classic combination. Pears stuffed with blue cheese and walnuts is an elegant starter that is visually appealing and not so filling that it spoils the main course. They are also easy to make so you have plenty of time to spend with your guests and are not slaving away int he kitchen. Here is how to make baked pears stuffed with blue cheese and walnuts for six people.
Ingredients for Baked Pears Stuffed with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
- 3 large pears
- 3 oz blue cheese, such as Stilton
- 1/2 cup of walnut halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To serve- salad leaves and balsamic dressing
How to Make Baked Pears Stuffed with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
Preheat the oven to a high heat.
- Peel the pears and halve lengthways before removing the cores to make round wells.
- Place the pear halves on a baking tray.
- Chop the walnut halves and sprinkle into the well of each of the six pear halves.
- Crumble the blue cheese and sprinkle over the walnuts.
- Drizzle the pears with a little olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until the pears have softened.
- Serve half a pear each on a plate with salad leaves and drizzle with balsamic dressing.