The fresh flavours of this soup make it ideal for any time of the year. It is one of the easiest soups to make, it is budget-friendly, and it is a delicious meal for vegetarians. Furthermore, it is a great way of using up celery from the refrigerator and apples from the fruit bowl. Here is how to make celery and apple soup.
Ingredients for Celery and Apple Soup
- 1 head of celery
- 1 large cooking apple
- I medium sized potato cut into chunks
- 1 onion
- 25g butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives.
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Celery and Apple Soup
- Chop the potato, apple, celery and onion.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, potato and celery to the pan and fry for approximately five minutes until onion is softened.
- Add the apple and stock.
- Turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and leave to simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Blitz the mixture in a blender and return to the pan.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add the milk and half the chives.
- Bring back to the boil for five minutes.
- Serve into soup bowls and sprinkle with the remaining chives.