When it comes to Indian food accompaniments, a raita dip is one of the most popular of all. This is really simple to make at home, so you do not have to rely on ordering some from your local takeaway. Here is how to make a tasty and refreshing raita.
Ingredients for Raita
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cucumber
- A small handful of coriander, chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves. chopped
- I clove of garlic
- Juice of half a lime
How to Make Raita
- Add the yoghurt to a bowl.
- Chop the cucumber into small cubes and finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Add the cucumber, coriander, mint and garlic to the yoghurt.
- Squeeze over the mixture the juice of half a lime.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and serve.
- This is a delicious accompaniment to Saag Aloo.
- Add some grated ginger or chopped chillies if you want a kick to the dip.