Guacamole is one of the simplest dips to make as it requires no cooking skill whatsoever. It is also a good way to make use of any ripe avocados you have in your refrigerator. These are packed with nutrients, meaning they are a fantastic ingredient to include in a healthy, balanced diet. Guacamole is delicious served as an accompaniment to salads, crudites, or tortilla chips. It is perfect for a snack or as an addition to a buffet table. This dip is also cheap to make and is suitable for vegetarians. Here is how to make guacamole.
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Guacamole
- Remove the stones and skin from the avocados and roughly chop’
- Finely chop the red onion.
- Cut the lime in half and use a juicer to remove the juice,
- Put the avocados in a bowl and squash with the back of a fork until you get the consistency you prefer.
- Add the finely chopped red onion, the crushed garlic and the lime juice.
- Mix the ingredients together and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- If you want a smoother consistency, use a blender to pulp the avocado flesh.
- Spice it up with a chopped chilli if you want a kick to your dip.